We Are Like Stones (dialogue)
เค้าโครง: Uses local setting of planting crop. Contrasts corn and stones. One can produce life because it has life; the other cannot. This illustrates how we are dead in sin until Christ gives us life. Jesus, the way, the truth, and the life. Sinner's prayer.
|หัวข้อ:||Agriculture; Cleanse, purify; Leaving old way, begin new way; Forgiveness; Faith, trust, believe in Jesus; Sin, disobedience; Heart, soul of man; Spiritual Life|
|ประเภท:||Messages and Fiction|
บทความนี้เตรียมเพื่อแปลและบันทึกเสียงในภาษาต่างๆ ควรประยุกต์กับวัฒนธรรมและภาษาต่างๆ เพื่อความเหมาะสมกับแต่ละท้องถิ่น คํำบางคําหรือบางความหมายอาจต้องอธิบายเพิ่มเติม หรือบางทีต้องตัดออกเพื่อให้เหมาะสมกับแต่ละวัฒนธรรม
1. What are you doing?
2. I am planting corn.
1. Why are you doing that?
2. I'm doing it so I will have much corn for my family.
1. Oh, will you get much corn from that little bit of corn?
2. Yes, of course.
1. Oh, oh, if so, I will go home and plant grinding stones in my garden.
2. Why would you do such a foolish thing as that?
1. We need many grinding stones in my village. You plant corn to get more corn. I will plant stones to get more stones.
2. My! You can't do that! Corn can produce more corn because it has life. Stones have no life. Therefore they cannot produce more stones.
1. Yes, you are right. I have told you something stupid because I want to show you something wise.
2. What is that?
1. God has said to all of us, "You are dead. Sin has stolen away your life -- thus, you are dead."
2. But I am not dead! I eat. I see. I hear.
1. But you do not have God's life. God says, "Your hearts are dead because of your sin." There is only one way that your heart can get life. You must let God's life come into you. He gives you new life. But God refuses to dwell where sin is. He is holy and He hates sin. God wants people to be His own, but not those whose hearts are dead. They are like stones. For this reason they will go to the place of fire with Satan when they die, because they do not have God's life in them.
2. But all people sin!! Is it true that we are like stones? That we have no life within us?
1. It is true. We are not only like stones, but we are also like a decaying (rotten) thing in God's eyes. Sin makes us like that. God turns away from such filth. But God is willing to help us. He wants us to have life. God says: "The only way for you to get life is to receive Jesus. He that has Jesus, the Son of God, has life; but he that does not have Jesus does not have life." Jesus says, "I am the way. I am the truth. I am the life. Come to me and I will give you life." God is the owner of life, and His life is in Jesus. God wants us, but if our hearts remain dead He will refuse us.
2. How can we receive Jesus, and get God's life?
1. Jesus said, "I will give life to everyone who receives Me." This is the kind of life which never ends. When we die, we will go to live with God forever. But we cannot receive Jesus unless we leave all our sins and follow Him only.
2. I want to receive God's life. How can I get rid of the filth and smell that is inside me.?
1. You may pray to God. Ask Him to cleanse away your sins and give you His life.
2. I will talk to Him now. Oh God--my sins are many. I beg you to wash my heart and give me your life. I believe Jesus is the way, the truth and the life. I now receive Jesus into my heart. I will leave the path of sin and follow Him only.
1. God has heard you if you have spoken truly for He says, "If you leave your sin and believe on Jesus, I will put my Spirit within you. Thus you will receive my kind of life. All who put their trust in Jesus will belong to Me, and I will be a Father to them."