Эта страница в настоящее время недоступна в Русский.
Together with our field partners in Malawi, Fishers, Trainers & Senders, we at GRNSA desire to:
- Reach MORE people using the Audio Bible with the "Look, Listen and Live"- Bible stories and supportive picture books. The AUDIO Bible stories are combined with the audio Bible on the player we use.
- Monitor (Follow up) the exiting groups and strengthen them by:
- Equipping the leaders of groups to be more effective in using these tools
- Training new group leaders for their task
- Encouraging members of the groups to grow spiritually and how to become effective disciples and reaching out to others
- Collecting faulty players for servicing and replace these players with players which are in good working order
- Monitoring the impact and the effective use of the materials and to answer questions of group leaders or members where there is such a need
- Splitting groups which had grown too big and equip the new groups with extra sets of materials and players.
Motivating the urgent need to visit existing groups
- On this Lake Shore route there are altogether 43 active listening groups listening through the Look, Listen & Live content. The commentary on one picture is played and it is discussed.
- We find that these groups are growing. The need to hear God's Word in story form is huge. In many places these tools are the peoples' only way to hear God's Word.
- Materials are not given to individuals or leaders. The materials stay the property of our ministry partners, Fishers, Trainers & Senders (FTS). They identify and teach new group leaders and form a working relationship with these group leaders who have the use of these materials for as long as they continue to use these evangelism tools productively and responsibly. The relationships are built on co-ownership and co-responsibility of the project. There definitely is need for regular monitoring.
In 2021 we shared a need for 45 sets of materials, to go to groups that never had the priviledge to use the materials before. We received donations to send 35 sets of materials. We need another 10 sets of materials to equip this particular area.
R1000 or A$89 per full evangelism kit (including a full audio Bible).
Subtotal for new materials still needed = R10,000.00 or A$890.
Outstanding money for the Trip/fuel, accommodation, medical safety gear, food for team for a week = R18,000.00 or A$1,600.
Grand total: R28,000 or A$2,490
General Information on some of the towns on the Lake Shore route
- SALIMA: Population: 340 327; Land area: 2196 square km; Languages spoken: ChiYao and ChiChewa; Faith Orientation: Christian, Animistic & Muslim. (National Statistics 2008)
- NKHOTAKOTA: Population: 301 868; Land area: 4259 square km; Languages spoken: ChiYao ChiChewa, Tumbuka, Tonga; Faith Orientation: Christian, Animistic & Muslim. (National Statistics 2008)
- NKHATA BAY: Population: 213 779; Land area:4071 square km; Languages spoken: ChiChewa, Tumbuka, Tonga & others; Faith Orientation: Christian, Animistic & Muslim. (National Statistics 2008)
- Travelling to and within these mentioned areas along the Lake Shore entails:
- 865+km on the main road (with local transport) from Lilongwe via Salima, Nkhotakota, Nkhata Bay and returning back on the in-land via Mzuzu to Lilongwe
- 240+km on bicycle rides within the villages of Salima, Nkhotakota and Nkhata Bay to follow up/monitor groups and motivating the establishing of more groups
- Not less than 15 days to accomplish such a monitoring visit effectively and to visit these rural areas
- Our co-workers have to stay over in local rest houses with plenty mosquitoes.
- Termites also love our mp3 players (the softer parts) and definitely the picture books. We try and teach people to stow the materials away above the ground in a safe place, where possible, to avoid termites devouring our teaching aids.