Sharper than a Sword
概要: Discussion on the importance of knowing the Word of God, and thus discerning the truth, as well as gaining spiritual strength.
|主題:||Son of God; Spiritual Growth; Word of God (the Bible)|
|聽眾:||Orthodox; Catholic; New Christian; Christian|
|類型/流派:||Messages and Fiction|
1. Are you well?
2. Yes, I am well.
1. Today the forest is full of laughter. We are building my older brother's house!
2. Yes. And our knives are very sharp and our strength is great. The house will be ready by sunset.
1. May I ask you a riddle?
2. Yes, speak.
1. What is sharper than a double-edged knife?
2. Ahh! You might have caught me unable to answer this riddle, except that I also am one who reads the Bible! Here is the answer - Heb. 4:12. "The Word of God is quick and powerful and sharper than any two-edged sword."
1. Yes. And the rest of it says, "Piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart. Neither is there any creature that is not manifest in His sight, but all things are naked and opened unto the eyes of Him with Whom we have to do."
2. Very good. I see you are memorizing these words of wisdom. How fortunate we are to have them in our own language. I also have a Bible. I like to carry it with me to read it whenever there is a chance.
1. These are the days that we must gain knowledge in our youth, so that we may be prepared to help our people when we become men.
2. Here are words spoken by our Saviour Jesus Christ, the Son of God. He spoke them to His own disciples. Even today, we also can be His disciples.
1. It is true! What a great honour it is to be one of His own disciples. I have chosen this way because I know that Jesus Christ is true. He will not lead us to ways of destruction, but He came that we might have life.
2. In Luke, the twelfth chapter says, `Beware ye of the leaven of the Pharisees, which is hypocrisy. For there is nothing covered that shall not be revealed; neither hid that shall not be known.'"