Confusion of this World
Balangkas: Questioner asks how to reconcile the claim of God's love with the facts of constant trouble, confusion, death, destruction. Answer tells of man's rebellion from God's plan; God's rejection of man's efforts, works, and merit to attain salvation. Summarizes prophecies and fulfillment re Christ's birth, life, death, resurrection, atonement. Emphasizes faith in Christ alone, not good works for salvation.
Bilang ng Talata: 213
Tema: Works versus Faith; Problems, troubles, worries; Saviour of Sinful Men; Life of Christ; Salvation; Faith, trust, believe in Jesus; Sin, disobedience
Tagapakinig: Hindu; Buddhist; General; Buddhist (Tibetan)
Klase: Messages and Fiction
Antas ng kaalaman: Children
Kawikaan mula sa Bibliya: Extensive
Ang talatang ito ay panimulang gabay para sa pagsasalin at pagrerekord sa ibang mga wika.Dapat ito´y naaangkop sa ibat ibang kultura at mga wika upang ito´y maging makabuluhan sa anumang lugar na pag gagamitan. May ilang mga salita at kaisipan na maaaring mangailangan ng mas malawak na paliwanag o maaaring ipagpaliban ang paggamit para sa ibang mga kultura.
1. Friend, you say that the Bible says, "God so loved the world that He gave His Son that all who believe in Him will not perish, but have everlasting life." I don't understand that. If God loves this world, why does He permit this world to be always in confusion and trouble? There are earthquakes and wars; floods and storms. People are killed. Things are destroyed. How do you explain all this?
2. In the beginning it was not so. God made all things in perfect harmony. Man was to enjoy everything. But man chose to follow his own desire rather than God. Man turned from God to worship things God made. This brought sorrow, evil, and confusion to the whole world. Nature itself was turned against man. Today some men will not listen to words of the true God. They work out their own rules for finding God. But God has made just one way for man to return to Him. He will not pay attention to the ideas (plans) of men. In God's sight all the things we do to try to make ourselves good or make merit are just like dirty rags to God.
1. Tell me more.
2. Down through the centuries (ages) there have been many lovers (servants) of the true God. Some of these were called prophets. Through them God wrote His Holy Book, the Bible. They told of the Mighty God Who was to come into this world (as the Prince of Peace). He would be born of a virgin mother to be the Saviour of the world. His Name was Jesus Christ. Hundreds of years passed. Then, as it was written, Jesus Christ came into the world. He lived 33 years, not sinning one time. To prove He was God, Jesus did many mighty works. He taught the people the truth of God. Then He allowed wicked men to kill Him on a cross. Hanging on the cross, His lifeblood was shed. Thus He made atonement (full payment) for the sins of all mankind. He lay in the grave three days. But death could not hold Him. Jesus Christ arose to live forevermore. Death's power was broken. By this He proved that only the Lord Jesus Christ can lead men into heaven.
1. If Jesus Christ died for the sins of all mankind, does this mean He will lead all mankind into heaven? None will be lost?
2. No. Many will be lost because they refuse God's way of salvation. They will not acknowledge that Jesus Christ is the only way to heaven. They choose to follow false religions and philosophies. They store up "merit" which God will not accept. If there was found any other way to enter heaven, Jesus Christ (the Lord Jesus) would have died uselessly. But there is no other way. Jesus said, "I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father but by Me." Who does Jesus lead into heaven when they die? Only those who place all their hope and trust in Jesus Christ (the Lord Jesus) and what He did for them by His death - those who count their good works and merit as worthless - those who allow Jesus to be master of their lives.
I urge you today. Trust your life to the Lord Jesus Christ. Then your sins will be forgiven freely and God will accept you. Peace will replace confusion in your life. Your many questions will be answered. Walking with Jesus, your life will bring His peace to many others who are in confusion. Can you think of a greater purpose for your life?
1. The Lord Jesus will have me from this hour. I cannot refuse Him. He will be my Saviour and Lord. (Master).
REFS: John 3:16; John 14:6