Light on our Way
Balangkas: Conversation of a father with his family, giving appropriate Scripture to each: a son, a small child, himself, a grandmother, and a mother.
|Bilang ng Talata:||079|
|Tema:||Obedience; Spiritual Growth; Victory; Word of God (the Bible); Joy, happiness, rejoicing; Heart, soul of man; Family, relationships|
|Klase:||Messages and Fiction|
|Antas ng kaalaman:||General|
|Kawikaan mula sa Bibliya:||Extensive|
Ang talatang ito ay panimulang gabay para sa pagsasalin at pagrerekord sa ibang mga wika.Dapat ito´y naaangkop sa ibat ibang kultura at mga wika upang ito´y maging makabuluhan sa anumang lugar na pag gagamitan. May ilang mga salita at kaisipan na maaaring mangailangan ng mas malawak na paliwanag o maaaring ipagpaliban ang paggamit para sa ibang mga kultura.
Father - 1. "Your Word is a lamp unto my feet and a light unto my pathway." (Ps.111:105)
Son - 2. That word is from the Bible, is it not, Father?
1. Yes, my son. And the Bible is the Word of God to show us His way. It has a message for each one in our family.
2. Does it really? I am a young man - what does it say to me?
1. Here are words especially for you, my eldest son. "How shall a young man cleanse his way? By taking heed thereto according to Thy Word." Ps. 119:9. And His Word shows us the path of righteousness. It is the only way for a Christian. It is the one way that leads a man to happiness in this life, and to a home in heaven. Hear these words - they are very strong. The Lord Jesus said, "Out of the heart come forth evil thoughts, murders, adulteries, fornications, false witness, railings. These are things which defile the man." (Matt. 15:19, 20a) "Your body is the temple of the Holy Spirit which is in you, which you have from God; and you are not your own, for you are bought with a price; glorify God therefore, in your body." (I Cor. 6:l9, 20)
2. Yes, indeed these are words that show the way.
Child - 3. And Father, what message does God have for small children?
1. For you also, my youngest son, God's Word has a message. Hear these words. Jesus said, "Allow the little children to come unto Me." (Mark 10:14) "Children, obey your parents in the Lord, for this is right. Honour your father and your mother, that it may be well with you." (Eph. 6:1-3) And there are many other words that even the very young may follow.
3. I am happy to hear these words.
1. And to fathers, God's Word says, "Train up a child in the way he should go, and when he is old he will not depart from it." (Prov. 22:6) "Teach My words to your children, talking to them when you sit in your house, and when you walk by the way." (Deut. 11:9)
Grandmother - 4. I am hearing words that show the way for me in this home. I must have God's strength in order to follow them.
1. That is true. God's Word is full of light for each one of us. And there are many words that are for all of us alike. As for instance these words: "Be ye kind one to another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, even as God for Christ's sake has forgiven you." (Eph. 4:32)
Mother - 5. That is a good message for us all, my husband. Just this morning I was teaching it to our younger son.
2. And I was thinking, Father, about this verse which we may all consider together. "Your Word have I hid in my heart, that I might not sin against You." (Ps. 119:11) How happy we are to have a Saviour Who talks with us through His holy Word, and Who walks with each one of us, so that we may be enabled to truly follow His way. We may not be a wealthy family, but we have great happiness and true riches because we have the Lord Jesus Christ in our midst. His joy fills our hearts with singing.