Sin, What is It?
Samenvatting: Discussion of what sin is; why God commands us not to do certain things; list of sins plus emphasis on the "great" sin of worshipping any other beside God. Danger of being captive to evil spirits. Danger of compromise. True belief and trust leads to a clear break with sinful activities. Ultimate results---every knee shall bow either in worship or in shame.
|Thema:||Evil Spirits, demons; Worship; Faith, trust, believe in Jesus; Light/Darkness; Sin, disobedience; Syncretism|
|Genre:||Messages and Fiction|
Dit script dient als basis voor de vertaling en het maken van opnames in een andere taal. Het moet aangepast worden aan de verschillende talen en culturen om het zo relevant mogelijk te maken. Sommige termen en begrippen moeten verder uitgelegd worden of zelfs weggelaten worden binnen bepaalde culturen.
1. I want to ask you a question. Tell me, what is sin?
2. Sin is that which displeases God and breaks His commands.
1. Why does God tell us not to do those things?
2. God knows that those things will spoil our happiness. God also knows there is sin inside of us which is much worse than all of these bad things we do. In fact, we do all of these bad things because of the sin which is inside of us. It is the inner sin nature which causes us to break God's commands. God told us not to do these outward sins so we would see the real sin which is inside of us. God loves us and wants us to be happy. But we are like children who do not know what will hurt them. Sin takes away the peace from our hearts. Sin hurts other people. Sin destroys us. There are many ways that people sin outwardly. They tell lies and steal; they hurt people; they cheat; they commit adultery and fornication; they quarrel and fight and hate. There are many other bad things people do because of their sinful natures inside them, but there is one that I would like to tell you about.
1. What is that?
2. It is important to know this: It is a great big sin to worship someone other than God. Those who pray to the spirits and make sacrifices-they are sinning. God says this is a great evil and He hates it. He will punish those who do it. There are also those who do not worship the spirits, but they appease them (offer sacrifices) because they are afraid.
1. Is that a sin too?
2. Oh, yes. God says we are to trust Him only. He will protect us if we trust Him. But if we offer sacrifices because we are afraid of the spirits, we are not trusting God. When we appease the spirits we open the door to them. Then they can get hold of us. They become our masters. Then we cannot follow God. This is a terrible sin, and it will lead us to the place of everlasting punishment.
1. I do not appease the spirits nor worship them. But I like to go to the sings and the meetings. But I only go to the meetings where they do not do evil things.
2. That is wrong too. God commands us to stay away from the spirits. They deceive us and make us think that evil is good. We must listen to God only.
1. But I just go with my friends. Surely there is nothing bad in that?
2. Listen to what God says about that. These words from the Bible say, "Take no part in the worthless pleasures of evil and darkness." You must remember that the spirits deceive us, and that leads to darkness. The Bible also says: "Keep away from every kind of evil." "Run from anything that gives you evil thoughts, but stay close to anything that makes you want to do right." God tells us to stay away from the things of Satan. God says we must not follow the crowd that walks the wrong path. When we do that, we walk away from God.
1. It is hard not to go where my friends go.
2. Does it seem hard? God knew it was impossible for us to obey His commands because of the sin within us. He knew we did not have the strength, but God's Son, Jesus, was able to do all that God commanded. He gave His life for you in order to pay for your sins. He came back to life after dying, to change your sin nature which is inside you, and to give you strength to do what God commands. Why did He do this? He did it because He loves you, and wants you to take the path that leads to heaven. You must love and trust Him. Have you really trusted Jesus to save you? If not, you can pray right now. Say to Him, "Jesus, I want You to be my Saviour. Please enter and make my heart clean and pure. Make me Your child. I will follow You only."
If you truly trust Him you will obey Him. You will turn away from the things of Satan and of spirits. When you think of what Jesus did for you, then you will not think sin is a small thing. When trouble comes, you will refuse to go back to the help of spirits. You will remember that Jesus is God, and He is greater than all spirits. He is greater than Satan. He is the mighty One and He is the only One to worship and trust. God says that someday He will make everyone get on his knees before Jesus. Even Satan and all spirits - all the enemies of God - will not be able to stand before Him. God says that every knee will have to bow and admit that Jesus is the Mighty God, the Maker of heaven and earth, and the great King of all Kings. Will you be a true worshipper of God, or will you have to bow in shame when Jesus comes? Truly there will be great anguish and shame when God's enemies are cast into hell - the everlasting punishment - that lake of fire prepared for Satan and those who follow him.
REF: Eph. 5:11; I Thess. 5::22; II Tim. 2:22