The Claims of Christ
개요: Inquiring person asks about Jesus Christ. Answer is He lived on earth 2000 years ago, healed all types of sickness etc. His teachings have never been improved on. Quotes from Scripture: His claims; basic truths of sin, salvation, hell, eternal life. Invitation given. Conclusion: if you believe He is true, you are faced with a decision. Mostly Scripture.
스크립트 번호: 025
주제: Saviour of Sinful Men; Prophecy, fulfillment of; Word of God (the Bible); Life of Christ; Peace with God; Joy, happiness, rejoicing; Eternal / everlasting life
장르: Messages and Fiction
성경 인용: Extensive
이 스크립트는 다른 언어로 번역 및 녹음을위한 기본 지침입니다. 그것은 그것이 사용되는 각 영역에 맞게 다른 문화와 언어로 조정되어야 합니다. 사용되는 몇 가지 용어와 개념은 다른 문화에서는 다듬어지거나 생략해야 할 수도 있습니다.
1. Friend, tell me. What do you know about Jesus Christ?
2. Jesus Christ came to this world nearly two thousand years ago. When He was on earth He went about doing good, healing all manner of sickness and disease. His teachings were from God, and He spoke of God as His Father. Since the day He taught them, no one has made any improvement on them.
1. But people say He claimed to be God. Is that true?
2. Jesus Christ said, "I am in the Father and the Father in Me." "I and the Father are one." "The words that I speak unto you I speak not of Myself, but the Father that dwells in me, He does the works." Jesus also said this: "I am the way, the truth and the life. No man comes unto the Father but by Me."
1. You have read those statements from the Holy Scriptures. Tell me more.
2. Jesus said this about Himself: "For the Son of man came to seek and to save that which is lost." "I came that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly." "I am the light of the world; he that follows Me shall not walk in darkness but shall have the light of life."--Those are some of the things He said. He also told about life after death. He declared that there is heaven, with eternal happiness for His followers, and there is hell with eternal punishment for all who refuse to follow Him. He stood before the multitude and said: "Come unto Me, all ye that labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn of Me; for I am meek and lowly in heart and you shall find rest for your souls."
1. Oh, those words touch my heart. But can they be true? You seem to think they are.
2. Yes, friend, these are the claims of Jesus Christ Himself. They must be true - or false. If they are false, then He was an imposter - a wicked man - a blasphemer. But His life proved that He was not an imposter. Those who have believed in Him have found that His claims are true. In addition to that, you need to know that the prophets foretold the birth and life of Jesus Christ. The details of His birth, His life, and His crucifixion fulfill those prophecies which were made hundreds of years previously. He is indeed the Messiah* - the Saviour of the world. Yes, my friend, His claims are true, and if they are true, you must decide what to do with Him. You must reject Him, or you must receive Him. If you receive Him, you will find peace and joy.
1. I understand what you are saying, but if I decide to receive Him - what must I do? Perhaps He will not receive me.
2. Jesus Christ said He came to seek and save everyone who is lost. He also said, "If any man thirst, let him come unto Me and drink." My friend, if you have not received forgiveness for your sins, you are lost. If you are truly thirsty for the truth, then accept His invitation to come to Him and drink of the water of life. Accept His invitation to come; repent before Him; believe with all your heart and you will receive the gift of eternal life.
*Many Muslims understand the word Messiah in this context. Use it if so.
John l4:l0; John 14:6; Luke 19:10; John 10:10; John 8:12; Matt. 11:28 John 7:37