이 페이지는 한국어로 제공되지..
During the 70's and 80's a former GRNSA recordist John Dekker made a big effort to record the message of the Bible into rather a few Khoe and San languages of Botswana and Namibia.
It is time now to, in a 1st phase:
- evaluate these existing recordings by letting mother tongue speakers listen and test whether they're still able to understand the recordings, by completing recording evaluation sheets for each of the recordings;
- confirming or renaming the languages and capture up-to-date information about the language group by filling in Language Information Sheets for all the known Khoi and San languages in so we may update our records as far as these speech forms are concerned;
- If existing recordings proof to be useful, explore ways to distribute these recordings to the optimum;
- to correct/update our GRN language database and based on the newly gained information;
- exploring the possibilities of new productions, specifying the languages: by having the Good News script and/or other scripts from our script catalogue translated and recorded.
You can read about the languages that are included in this project by using the links in the 'Find out more' panel to the right of his article.
This project is estimated to cost about $4,500 if the evaluation and research can be completed within a period of 3 months.
We're currently preparing MP3 files in the languages listed below to load on MP3 players, cellphones and memory cards - for field testing.
Since the initial work that was done in the 70's and 80's, the Khoe and San peoples have been largely neglected in terms of distribution and new recordings, because of their remoteness.
Now we have two partners willing to help us to see how we can serve these tailender groups better.
Want to do more?Donate Khoe and San
If the Lord leads you to contribute towards this project, you may make a donation here, designating your gift 'Khoe and San Language Project'.