Prayer to the True God (formerly "Prayer")
रुपरेखा: Dialogue between father and son. Setting is in Africa and refers to local practice of praying (calling the spirits) and the contrast with the Christian way--- praying in Jesus' name; at anytime; for all needs. The way of prayer is the way of friendship with God. This can be adapted for general use.
भाषा परिवार: 105
विषय: Evil Spirits, demons; Prayer, petition; Word of God (the Bible)
दर्शक: New Christian
ढंग: Messages and Fiction
दर्शकों का स्तर: General
बाइबिल का प्रमाण: Extensive
ये लेख अन्य भाषाओं में अनुवाद तथा रिकौर्डिंग करने के लिए बुनियादी दिशानिर्देश हैं। प्रत्येक भिन्न संस्कृति तथा भाषा के लिए प्रासंगिक बनाने के लिए आवश्यकतानुसार इन्हें अनुकूल बना लेना चाहिए। कुछ प्रयुक्त शब्दों तथा विचारों को या तो और स्पष्टिकरण की आवश्यकता होगी या उनके स्थान पर कुछ संशोधित शब्द प्रयोग करें या फिर उन्हें पूर्णतः हटा दें।
1. Listen!!! (Pause 3 sec.) Do you hear the drum? (Pause 2 sec.)
2. Yes! The people are calling the spirits to come upon one person in their midst, and to speak through that one, to all (Use local practice.)
1. How long will they beat the drums, Father?
2. Perhaps a long time, my son. And even when the spirits answer, the people will still be sitting in darkness. But we, who are Christians, have the knowledge of the true God through His own Son, our Saviour Jesus Christ. He shows us His will through His book, the Bible. And He teaches us to walk with Him in friendship while He helps us to keep His commandments. But God warns us about summoning the spirits and practices like that. God says, "Turn not unto them that have familiar spirits; nor unto wizards; seek them not out to be defiled by them; I am the Lord your God." (Pause 3 sec.)
1. Ahhh-those are strong words!
2. However, the Lord Jesus teaches us that we may pray in His name and be heard by God our Father in heaven. Praying in His name means that we do not pray selfishly, but for His glory. Then He is eager to bless us so that we may be a blessing to all who see us.
1. Is it true that we may talk to God in prayer at any time? And will He always hear?
2. Yes, son, He hears us always. You may talk with the Lord Jesus when you awake each morning. He is pleased to hear your prayer of thanksgiving and love. He is ready to go with you throughout the day. You may talk with Him at work, or at leisure. When night comes, He is with you still, and will hear your words. When we draw near to Him, He draws near to us. He is with us in times of trouble, and also in times of joy.
1. I would like to hear what the Lord Jesus says to us about prayer.
2. He has taught us much. Have you heard these words? "What man is there of you, whom, if his son asks bread, will he give him a stone? If ye, then, being evil, know how to give good gifts unto your children, how much more shall your Father Who is in heaven give His Holy Spirit to them that ask Him?" "Ask and ye shall receive that your joy may be made full." He wants us to enjoy all the good things that come from His Spirit.
1. Then, Father, God wants His children to walk in joy because He is their Friend. Our joy is not in riches that can be destroyed. But our joy is in God Himself. Is this not true?
2. It is very true. The way of prayer is the way of friendship with the One Whose love will never leave us. Hear these words, "Rejoice in the Lord always." "In nothing be anxious, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known unto God. And the peace of God which passes all understanding shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus."
1. Let us thank God now for His wonderful gifts to us: "Dear Father in heaven, I thank you for Jesus Christ Who died to take away my sins, and Who is living again forevermore. I thank you for His Spirit Who lives within my heart. Help me to walk in His love and joy today, for I ask this in His name. Amen."
References: Luke 11:13b Matt. 7:9a John 16:24 Phil. 4:4, 6, 7.