The True Sacrifice
概要: Refers to local practices--- sacrifices to evil spirits and the fear behind them. Contrasts by telling of the help and love of God. Sin can only be cleansed by the blood of Jesus. His is the only true sacrifice.
|主题:||Evil Spirits, demons; Sacrifice / Atonement|
(s.e. of chanting)
1. What is happening in that village?
2. Perhaps someone is sick?
1. That is why they are doing worship to evil spirits.
2. They believe that the sickness can be taken away by their worship of the spirits.
1. It is sad that they worship evil spirits like this. But they are afraid not to.
2. When we did not know God, we also did evil spirit worship like our ancestors. Now our people do not do this worship, yet they are living happily. These people are worshiping Satan, and it is in vain.
1. We believe in God. When we are in trouble or trials we come to Him. We pray to Him and He helps us.
2. Yes, that is true. Our God is a mighty One. And so, when we believe on him He will help us in all our troubles. Everything is made by God; -animals, trees, and even men - everything. God did not tell us to worship evil spirits. Why should we?
1. We know that it is not right to worship evil spirits...
2. The people are sacrificing today because they think that someone has made the spirits angry. They think the sacrifice will turn away this anger.
1. But the spirits are not the ones to worship or fear. We should only fear the living God. There is no sacrifice WE can make which will turn His anger from our sins.
2. It is true. There is nothing we can do. *If we wash in blood from head to foot, we cannot take away our own sins.
1. Only by the blood of Jesus Christ who died to be our sacrifice, can our sins be washed away. Only by our trust in Jesus alone, can our sins be forgiven. They cannot be washed away by the blood of other sacrifices.
2. That is true. God sent His Son to be the true sacrifice for the sins of all people.
1. Yes, Jesus Christ died on the cross for our sins. He will wash our sins away and make us clean if we ask Him to.
2. He did a very great thing for us. If we trust in Jesus and pray to Him only He will cleanse us.
1. And if we trust in Jesus Christ, Satan will have no power to do us harm.
*Use local custom.