Have You Heard?
Samenvatting: Conversation about God, His love for all. Fears of people; sins. How to escape God's anger for sin and Satan's power over us making us sin. Jesus' coming to earth; atonement, resurrection. God's promise to hear us when we pray, forgiveness, hope of heaven.
|Thema:||Fear; Sin, disobedience; Life of Christ; Works versus Faith; Hell; Love of God; Satan (the devil); Slavery to sin|
|Gehoor:||Animist; Muslim; General|
Dit script dient als basis voor de vertaling en het maken van opnames in een andere taal. Het moet aangepast worden aan de verschillende talen en culturen om het zo relevant mogelijk te maken. Sommige termen en begrippen moeten verder uitgelegd worden of zelfs weggelaten worden binnen bepaalde culturen.
1. Where are you going?
2. I am going out to tell the good news.
1. What news?
2. It is the news that God loves our people.
*1. Who is God?
*2. He is the One Who created us.
*1. What tribe worships this God?
*2. He is for all tribes. He is for the ....(Yoruba) people. He is for all people.
*1. I have never heard about Him.
2. His book says that He is for us and our people. It says that God loves all Yoruba people - men, women, children. He loves everyone. He knows that people have fear of many things. They fear sickness, they fear death, they fear the spirits of the dead, they fear Satan and evil spirits. But God has more power than Satan or anyone.
1. Ah! I have fear of all these things. Tell me more about this God Who loves us.
2. God knows our fears. He knows our troubles. He also knows our sins. He loves us, but His anger is great upon our sins.
1. We have all sinned. Is there anything we can do to take away His anger? Can we make sacrifices or keep fasts? Can we use fetishes or say many prayers? Can we pay money?
2. No, none of these things will take away God's anger. There is something we can do. I will tell you all about it.
Satan is the one who tells us to sin. He wants us to follow him so we will be his slaves. If we continue on the path of sin, we will follow him to his place. That is hell where there is great suffering. God loves us and He doesn't want us to go there. He doesn't want us to suffer. For this reason He had to break the power of Satan. God is the only One Who is able to do this. He has great power and He can do anything. He sent Jesus to this earth and allowed Him to be born as a baby. He became a man. He lived like all the people, but He did no sin. He never followed Satan one time. Then He let the wicked people kill Him. He did this because He wanted to be the sacrifice for our sins. He gave His blood for us. In this way He took the punishment that was ours. Then because He was God, He became alive again. At that time He broke the power of death and of Satan. He can deliver us from the power of Satan. We do not have to follow Satan if we want to follow God. If we believe on Him and the blood He shed, He will take away our sins. Then His anger will turn from us. We will receive only His love. He will be with us all the time. He will protect us from Satan and all other evils. We will have no fears. Before God came to the earth as a man He told the people that He was going to come. He told them where He would be born. He told them to call the baby's name Jesus, because that name means He will save the people by dying for them. All of these things came to pass, just as God said. After He died and arose again, He returned to His abode. His Word to us now is, "If you pray in the name of Jesus, I will hear you. I will deliver you from your sins and fears. I will help you to follow Me truly. I will make a good home for you with Me, and you will come there when you die."
2. These words are sweet. Thank you for telling me.
*Starred lines may be omitted for Muslim languages.