Resurrection, The (dialogue)
Samenvatting: Dialogue. Easter story. Jesus is alive and has power over death. Jesus is in Heaven, but His Spirit lives in us. Jesus will return. How to become His child.
Dit script dient als basis voor de vertaling en het maken van opnames in een andere taal. Het moet aangepast worden aan de verschillende talen en culturen om het zo relevant mogelijk te maken. Sommige termen en begrippen moeten verder uitgelegd worden of zelfs weggelaten worden binnen bepaalde culturen.
Tekst van het script
1. My friend, I want to tell you the most amazing thing which has ever happened in this world. Though so amazing, it is yet very true. I would like you to know it, because if you believe it, it will bring you peace and joy.
2. What is it?
1. This is it. The man Jesus is not dead.
2. But did He not die on the cross?
1. Yes, He did. But three days later He came back to life.
2. But that was a long time ago. How do you know it is true?
1. A woman called Mary went to the tomb with her friends and found it empty. Peter and John, too, saw the empty tomb.
2. Perhaps the body of Jesus had been stolen?
1. It could not have been stolen. There were soldiers guarding the tome.
2. Did anyone see Jesus after He came back to life.?
1. Yes, many people saw Him. First of all, Mary saw Him at the place where He was buried. Then Peter and others saw Him. Altogether over 500 men saw Him.
2. But perhaps they saw a spirit. Did He have a body like a man who is living?
1. Yes, He had a body. He was not a spirit. A man called Thomas was able to touch His body. He ate food with His friends. A spirit cannot be touched and cannot eat.
2. How could He be raised from the dead?
1. Because He was the Son of God, He was very powerful. Death could not possibly hold Him. His resurrectin showed that He had conquered death. God's Word says, "If Jesus is not raised from the dead, you have no salvation." Praise the Lord, He is alive. He has power over death.
2. Are Christians afraid of death then?
1. No, a true Christian is not afraid to die. He knows that he will go to heaven to live with Jesus.
2. Where is Jesus now?
1. He is in heaven.
2. If He is in heaven, He must be far from His people on earth?
1. Not at all. He is in heaven, but His Spirit lives in the heart of eveyone who trusts Him. He teaches us His will, and makes us strong that we will not wander from the road to heaven.
2. Will Jesus be coming back to earth again?
1. Some day He will return to examine all men, both those who have died and those who are still living. He will send the evil ones to Satan's place of torment. Those who have trusted Jesus will go with Him to heaven forever.
2. When will He return?
1. No one knows. He told us to be ready and to do only what is good in His eyes, so that we should not be ashamed to meet Him. Therefore, do ask Him to forgive your sins and put His Spirit in you, so that you can become a child of His.
Opnamen van dit script
GRN has recorded a version of this script in 106 languages and dialects:
Amane Kabo Arui;
Bhojpuri: Northern Standard;
Karen, Pa'o: Southern;
Lame Lamas & Lame Lamas: Malabam;
Lani: Western: Ilaga;
Palawano, Brookes Point;
Portuguese: Brasil Interior;
Quechua, San Martin;
Quichua del Chimborazo;
Wichi Lhamtes Vejoz;