Medicine from God
Samenvatting: Setting is the clinic or hospital. Discussion of symptoms with nurse or doctor. Transition to questions about dying and introduction of the disease of sin. God's medicine for sin--- the Son of God. His birth, life, temptations, sinlessness, death and atonement, resurrection. Invitation.
|Thema:||Medical; Death; Cleanse, purify; Sickness; Saviour of Sinful Men; Faith, trust, believe in Jesus|
|Genre:||Messages and Fiction|
Dit script dient als basis voor de vertaling en het maken van opnames in een andere taal. Het moet aangepast worden aan de verschillende talen en culturen om het zo relevant mogelijk te maken. Sommige termen en begrippen moeten verder uitgelegd worden of zelfs weggelaten worden binnen bepaalde culturen.
1. "Greetings, my brother, may God pity you." (Use customary greeting)
1. "What is your illness?"
2. "A week ago I took sick with fever and headache. My family kept saying, `He will get better by himself, if we wait a little.' Finally, this morning, when I was not improved, they called many friends together to carry me. We were on the way here all day and arrived at the hospital (or clinic) this evening."
1. "It is very good that you came. The doctor (nurse) has seen many patients sick just as you are. You should soon be better because of the medicine he is giving you. Suppose that you do get well quickly and go home. Will you remain well forever? Will you never die?"
2. "Who is there that does not die? No, I will die even if I get well now."
1 . "The reason that we care for sick people here is so that we can tell them something of greater importance than of being healed from their bodies' diseases. That is to be cleansed from sin - the disease that destroys their souls. Do you have sin in your life.?"
2. "Truly, I do. All people are evil."
1. "That is right, and God's book tells us that our sin separates us from Him. Unless it is done away with, when we die we cannot go to be with Him in heaven."
2. "What then can we do?"
1. "Praise God, there is medicine to take away our sin. Have you heard of Jesus?"
2. "Who is He?"
1. "He is the Son of God Who came to free us from our sins. Jesus came because He loves us. He came down from heaven and was born from the Virgin Mary in a body like ours. Like us He hungered, thirsted, and became weary. However, He was different from all other people in that He never sinned. Although He was greatly tempted by Satan, He never did evil but only did the will of His Father God in heaven. When Jesus was about 33 years old, His enemies nailed Him to a cross, piercing His hands and His feet. Shedding His blood, He died there. God permitted Him to die in order that He might do it for us, being punished in our place for our sins. God's book says, `The blood of Jesus Christ cleanses us from all sin.'"
2. "This is good news! Is it really true?"
1. "Yes. Jesus died for us. But because He is God, He rose again from the dead. Death could not hold Him. He will receive you if you believe and trust Him. Talk to Him. He will hear you."
2. "I will talk to Him. Oh, Jesus, thank You for dying for me. Take away my sins. Give me a clean, new heart. I will follow You."