The Victorious Leader
Outline: Evangelistic slant, though dialogue between Christians. Discussing Satan's deceptions and the truth of God. Christ the only way; what is after death; salvation through Christ by faith. Can be adapted and other Scripture used as needed.
|Theme:||Death; Leaving old way, begin new way; Sin, disobedience; Victory; Grace and Mercy; Faith, trust, believe in Jesus; Satan (the devil)|
Scripts are basic guidelines for translation and recording into other languages. They should be adapted as necessary to make them understandable and relevant for each different culture and language. Some terms and concepts used may need more explanation or even be replaced or omitted completely.
1. Grandfather, is it not strange that there is so much evil in the world? Good is better than evil. Those who do evil are very unhappy within. Why do they continue in this way?
2. Son, the reason is this. The great evil one, Satan, is called the Prince of this world. He is the chief of the evil spirits. He is the great enemy of Jesus the Son of God. When Jesus died for us and rose again, He defeated Satan, for all who will leave Satan and follow Him. But Satan is still fighting Jesus. He is trying to deceive all who will listen, and turn them from Jesus.
1. Oh! Can they not see that Satan's ways bring sorrow?
2. He blinds their understanding and in this way binds them as captives. He fills them with darkness and evil and fear; with hatred and greed and envy and superstitions.
1. How does he deceive them in such a way?
2. He tells them God's Word is not true. He says that Jesus is not God's Son. He tells them the spirits will be angry if they turn to Jesus. He says there is no God who is judge of all. He says that good deeds will offset punishment after death. He says there are many roads to heaven. He says there will be other chances after death. He tells people to wait awhile - there is plenty of time to accept Jesus. By these lies and many others, he makes them follow him and obey him. They do not realize that he is leading them quickly to destruction. God's anger rests upon Satan. Those who continue to go with him will also receive his punishment.
1. But does not everyone die sometime?
2. Yes, our bodies die. But those who follow Satan are dead already, though their bodies live. This is the kind of death that means being cut off from God, and from His life. It means living in darkness and doing the works of the evil one, Satan. He is the prince of darkness because his ways are dark. And those who are his prisoners will continue in everlasting darkness even after their bodies die. Jesus is the only one who can rescue the prisoners of Satan.
1. Grandfather, I am so glad I trusted in Jesus. Before I believed in Jesus, my life truly was full of darkness. I wanted to do good but something was always whispering to my heart to do evil, and I obeyed. But now God's Spirit lives in me, and through Him I desire to do good.
2. Yes, son., listen to what God's Book says: "You has He quickened, who were dead in trespasses and sins; Wherein in time past you walked according to the course of this world, according to the prince of the power of the air, the spirit that now works in the children of disobedience; among whom also we all had our conversation in times past in the lusts of our flesh, fulfilling the desires of the flesh and of the mind; and were by nature the children of wrath, even as others. But God, who is rich in mercy, for His great love with which He loved us, even when we were dead in sins, quickened us together with Christ. For by grace you are saved, through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God."
1. Yes, it is a wonderful gift.
2. Let's thank Him for it. "Dear God, we thank You that Jesus has died for our own sins. Thank You that Satan was defeated, and that we have escaped his bonds. Thank you for the gift of eternal life. In Jesus' Name. Amen."