The Resurrection (dialogue)
Outline: Dialogue. Easter story. Jesus is alive and has power over death. Jesus is in Heaven, but His Spirit lives in us. Jesus will return. How to become His child.
|Theme:||Death; Sin, disobedience; End Time, Second Coming; Forgiveness; Death of Christ; Judgement; Saviour of Sinful Men; Resurrection of Jesus; Cleanse, purify; Eternal. everlasting life; Heart, soul of man|
|Audience:||Animist; Muslim; Catholic; General|
Scripts are basic guidelines for translation and recording into other languages. They should be adapted as necessary to make them understandable and relevant for each different culture and language. Some terms and concepts used may need more explanation or even be replaced or omitted completely.
1. My friend, I want to tell you something most amazing which has happened in this world (the most amazing thing which has ever happened in this world). Though so amazing, it is yet very certain (true). I would like you to know it, because if you receive (believe) it, it will bring you peace and joy.
2. What is it?
1. This is it. The man Christ Jesus has risen from the dead (Jesus is not dead).
2. But did He not die on the cross?
1. Yes, He did. But three days later He arose from the dead (came back to life).
2. But that was a long time ago. How do you know it is true?
1. A woman called Mary went to the tomb with her friends and found it empty. Peter and John, too, saw the empty tomb.
2. Perhaps the body of Jesus had been stolen?
1. It could not have been stolen. There were soldiers guarding the tomb.
2. Did anyone see Jesus after He rose from the dead (came back to life)?
1. Yes, many people saw Him. First of all, Mary saw Him at the place where He was buried. Then Peter and others saw Him, and also a group of over 500 men (Altogether over 500 men saw Him).
2. But perhaps they saw a spirit. Did He have a body like a man who is living?
1. Yes, He had a body. He was not a spirit. A man called Thomas was able to touch His body. He ate food with His friends. A spirit cannot be touched and cannot eat.
2. How could He be raised from the dead?
1. Because He was the Son of God, (He was very powerful.) and could not possibly be held by death (death could not possibly hold Him). His resurrection showed that He had conquered death. God's Word says, "If Jesus is not raised from the dead, you have no salvation." Praise the Lord, He is risen (alive). He has power over death.
2. Are Christians afraid of death then?
1. No, a true Christian is not afraid to die. He knows that he will straightway go to heaven to live with the Lord Jesus.
2. Where is Jesus now?
1. He is in Heaven.
2. If He is in Heaven, He must be far from His people on earth!
1. Not at all. He is in Heaven, but He also (His Spirit) lives in the heart of everyone who trusts Him. He teaches us His will, and makes us strong that we will not wander from the road to Heaven.
2. Will the Lord Jesus be coming back to earth again?
1. At the end of the world (Some day) He will return to examine all men, both those who have died and those who are still living. He will send the evil ones to the place of Satan (Satan's place of torment). Those who have trusted Him (Jesus) will be (go) with Him in (to) Heaven forever.
2. When will He return?
1. No one knows. He told us to be ready and to do only what is good in His eyes, so that we should not be ashamed to meet Him. Therefore, do ask Him to forgive your sins and give you a new heart (put His Spirit in you), so that you can become a child of His.