The Armor of God
Garis besar: Conversation between a young man and his grandfather, both Christians. Questions answered about evil omens and the Christian's lack of fear. The importance of faith and spiritual courage, standing against temptation. Christ's resurrection power is ours for spiritual strength. Quotes Eph. 6:10-18.
|Tema:||Fear; Spiritual Warfare; Armor of God; Faith, trust, believe in Jesus; Taboos, forbidden activities|
Naskah ini adalah petunjuk dasar untuk menerjemahkan dan merekam ke dalam bahasa-bahasa lain. Naskah ini harus disesuaikan seperlunya agar dapat dimengerti dan sesuai bagi setiap budaya dan bahasa yang berbeda. Beberapa istilah dan konsep yang digunakan mungkin butuh penjelasan lebih jauh, atau diganti atau bahkan dihilangkan.
(Greetings) (s.e. of animals or bird that relates to their taboos.)
1. Grandfather, do you hear the hyenas? Is it an evil omen, truly?
2. Oh no, my son. It is only that the hyenas are hungry and are seeking food. Those thoughts about angry spirits are like the shadows of the dark forest. But the man who has taken the sunlit path out of the forest can stand in the open daylight, and have no fear. A hyena may cross his path; he may find a skull in his garden, but his soul is not afraid. He has no fear of angry spirits, or of witchcraft. Truly, my son, I am such a man as that.
1. You are very brave, Grandfather.
2. Oh no, son. However, these are times when we must be brave. You must prepare yourself to become a warrior too. Not a warrior as I was at your age, ready to go to battle with nearby tribes. But today there are other victories to win in order that our people might be saved. You must be courageous in your spirit. You must help in this battle to save our people from the darkness of soul that holds them captive. (Pause 3 secs.)
1. The hyenas are close now! Hear them right at the door! (or: I hear it again!)
2. Do not fear them. They cannot harm us. Son, you have heard and obeyed the message of God and have publicly confessed your faith in His Son, Jesus Christ, our Saviour. Do you trust Him? Do you not know His power?
1. Indeed I do, my father. He is in my heart. His love is so great, who could turn away from it? Even today Jesus Christ helped me to stand against a sudden temptation to do wrong.
2. How much Jesus suffered in order to deliver us. He gave His life for us by dying on the cross. He was the one and only sacrifice that can put away sin. And now He lives. He arose from the dead. It is this very same resurrection power that is also ours because He is with us always, day by day. In all our sufferings, Jesus feels with us and is present to sustain and strengthen us. In fact, my son, Jesus Christ is our shield against all evil.
1. The fire is burning low, but there is still enough light for us to read. Here are words about the armor of the Christian. It is in God's Book, in Ephesians 6:10-18.
2. "Finally my brethren, be strong in the Lord and in the power of His might. Put on the whole armor of God that ye may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil. For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places. Wherefore take unto you the whole armor of God that ye may be able to withstand the evil day and having done all, to stand. Stand therefore, having your loins girt about with truth, and having on the breastplate of righteousness; and your feet shod with the preparation of the gospel of peace. Above all, taking the shield of faith wherewith ye shall be able to quench all the fiery darts of the wicked. And take the helmet of salvation and the sword of the Spirit, which is the Word of God. Praying always with all prayer and supplication in the Spirit and watching thereunto with all perseverance and supplication for all saints."
1. Certainly this armor of the soul is what we need!
2. Yes, my son. God tells us to fight the good fight of faith. We are His soldiers (warriors).
Note: If latter part would not be understood, substitute a simpler Scripture.