Cette page n'est pas disponible en FranÃ§ais.
If you would like to help translate this site please click here.
Once you have applied to go on the next Wokabaut and been accepted you will need to get yourself prepared for your Wokabaut trip. Below are listed some of the things you will be asked to do.
- Attend a planning meeting, and orientation weekend and read orientation material.
- Pray regularly for God's guidance and protection for the journey.
- Attend prayer meeting leading up to the trip. You may wish to pray with family or friends.
- Go through the Good News Bible picture book and cassette in English so as to become familiar with it. Read and become familiar with the Bible quotations printed on each picture. Practice showing your family and friends the pictures and the accompanying story.
- Attend a couple of meetings to tell other people about the venture.
- Gather the names and address' of people willing to pray for you and for the people you will be visiting while you are away.
- Prepare you testimony and/or sermon to be presented by interpretation during the village meetings.
- Pray that the Lord will open the hearts of the people in the language areas to be visited.
- Visit your Doctor and take malaria tablets as prescribed.
- Obtain a mosquito net, rucksack and bedroll.
- Obtain a passport or ensure that yours is current.
- Carry 3 cassette players, cassettes and picture charts for distribution as well as your own gear.
- Try getting a bit fitter as there maybe some degree of fitness required.
Right now if you are interested in going wokabaut, you will need to read as much information about Wokabaut and past Wokabauts as you can get your hands on. Start right here searching our website and then contact Language Recordings Inc. to register to join the next Wokabaut and we will be able to give you more information and send you an application form if you are still interested.