Cette page n'est pas disponible en FranÃ§ais.
If you would like to help translate this site please click here.
Distributing medicines and clothing provides a wonderful opportunity for the Gospel. Muslim men usually give permission for their women to come out 'in public' to receive the medicines and clothes and when they do our women team members are ready and willing to share the word of God with them. At the same time, we are able to share our evangelistic messages with each family.
Kish Bai (Director in Nigeria) writes from Jos: "We went to a village that is about 85% Muslim. Sadly, the other 15% are Christian in name only and they give a very poor witness for Christ. It is not surprising that the local Muslims think that being a Christian means living a life of drunkenness, adultery and poverty. The 'Christian' sector is the poorest and least cared for part of the village. Drunkenness is endemic. The protestant church there has no trained leadership and the person who does lead has virtually no knowledge of the Scripture.
When faced with this kind of situation we felt we needed to go first to the 'Christian' part of the village. They needed the Gospel as much as anyone. The amazing thing is that some Muslim young people came to the church yard to watch the films we were showing. One night, one of them secretly gave his life to Christ. Others, it seemed, wanted to but were afraid of persecution.
The one who came to Christ disappeared after the meeting and went into hiding. The next day as we were leaving the village he met us on the road and we took him into Jos. Now he is undergoing an intensive discipleship training program.
While in the village the head of the Muslim community commented, 'We thought that Christianity was all about drunkenness, poverty and immorality but from the film we see that it is different.' We are thankful to God that he used us to give a better picture of Christianity than what the people had known before!"