God Loves Us
Outline: Dialogue. Satan tricks us to follow other gods and idols. There is power in Jesus' blood to wash our heart and give us a home with God.
|Theme:||Heaven; Love of God; Resurrection of Jesus; Power of God/Jesus; Cleanse, purify; Faith, trust, believe in Jesus; Satan (the devil); Syncretism|
Scripts are basic guidelines for translation and recording into other languages. They should be adapted as necessary to make them understandable and relevant for each different culture and language. Some terms and concepts used may need more explanation or even be replaced or omitted completely.
(Greetings) 1. Where did you come from?
2. I have been visiting my friend. We have been talking about the great thing (work) God did for us.
1. I have not heard about this.
2. Would you like me to tell you?
1. Yes, tell me.
2. For a long time (in the past time) we have followed the steps of our fathers. (Since long, we have followed (today also we are) the customs, road, of our forefathers - grandfathers.) We have made sacrifices. We have feared the evil spirits. We give honor to the dead. We have trusted in charms (fetishes.) These things which we have done, have they kept sickness and death from us?
1. No, they are always with us.
2. Have our customs brought peace to our hearts?
1. No, we do not have peace. (We do not know how to find peace.)
2. Peace comes only from God. Now God is speaking to us. He is calling us to follow Him.
1. Do you mean (are you saying) that we are not following God when we make sacrifices and call on His name?
2. My friend, God is not the One Who told us to follow the gods. (He did not give us the gods - idols - juju - to serve). Satan is the one who wants us to follow them. He has deceived us, so he could lead us away from God. (He is trying - he wants to). Satan wants to spoil God's plan. For this reason Satan is trapping us. (tricking)
1. AH - Is that so? Ah-ah! Satan is too clever!
2. M-hm. He wants to take us to the fire and stop us from going to heaven. (He wants to lead us to the fire instead of heaven). Satan knows the things God forbids (things God says "don't do them,) so he tells us to do them. Satan tells us to follow the fetishes (gods) and to honor the dead and to drink and to commit adultery and to steal and lie and kill people, and to do many different bad things. Because we have followed Satan, our hearts are evil (following him makes our hearts evil) and God will not allow us into His home.
1. If so, not one will enter God's home, because we are all doing the same (things).
2. This is the good news I want to tell you. Oh! God's love for us is _very_ great! He did a powerful work in order to spoil Satan's power. He sent His only Son to the earth to give His own blood as a sacrifice for our sins. His name is Jesus Christ. He allowed evil men to kill Him. This is how He died for us. His blood alone has power.
1. Ah! He did a great thing for us - but I am sorry He is dead now!
2. My friend, He is God, so He arose from death.
1. Ah - Is that so! I am glad to hear this. (It is sweet to hear).
2. Yes, His blood has great power. If we trust in His blood, it will wash our spoiled (sinful) hearts clean. We will refuse to follow Satan and we will follow Jesus only. We will stop doing evil. Satan will be angry but God will be happy. God is stronger than Satan. If we follow Jesus, He will not let Satan harm us. When we die, we will go to be with God. His home is very good. There is no night there, no trouble, no fear, there is no sickness, no death. There is only joy.
1. Hey! (Kai!) Then that place will be very good! If God _wants_ to take us there when we die, He loves us very much. - I love Him too. I want to live with Him when I die. I believe in the blood of Jesus now. I am going to stop following Satan, and beg Jesus to wash my heart and help me to follow Him only and forsake my evil ways.
2. M-hm. That is good.